See below for 2023 Synod Resources ...
The General Secretariat for the Synod of Bishops presents the base text and ‘vademecum’ – or handbook – to guide the journey of the Synod on Synodality. Listening without prejudice; speaking out with courage and parrhesia; dialoguing with the Church, with society, and with the other Christian confessions. (Vatican News)
“The General Secretariat for the Synod has published the Preparatory Document, along with a Vademecum (or handbook) to indicate the guiding principles that will direct the path of the Synod on Synodality. The solemn opening of the Synod will take place in Rome on October 9-10, and in the particular Churches on October 17; and will conclude in the Vatican in 2023 with the assembly of bishops from around the world.
“The Preparatory Document, released on Tuesday, is intended above all to be an instrument facilitating the first phase of listening and consultation of the People of God in the particular Churches, which will take place from October 2021 to April 2022.
“‘In other words,’ as the document says, ‘it constitutes a sort of construction site or pilot experience that makes it possible to immediately begin reaping the fruits of the dynamic that progressive synodal conversion introduces into the Christian community.'”
By Vatican News — Read more …
2023 Synod Resources
- Click here to view a video backgrounder on the 2023 Synod presented by VOTF Executive Director Donna Doucette during a Zoom meeting of VOTF's Charlotte, N.C., affiilate
- Click here to read definitions of papal documents vital to the synod process
- Click here to see a graphic of the timeline leading up to the October 2023 Synod
- Click here to read a comprehensive guide to conducing mini-synods to gather information and listen to views in advance of preparing input into the 2023 Synod process
- Click here to read the Vatican's Preperatory Documemt for the 2023 Synod
- Click here to read the Synodus Episcoporum: For a synodal Church communion, participation and mission -- XVI Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops
- Click here to read the Vademecum for the Synod on Synodality, which is the official handbook for listening and discernment in local churches during the first phase of the 2023 Synod from October 2021 through April 2022 in dioceses and bishops' conferences leading up to the Assembly of Bishops in Synod in October 2023
- Click here to read Voice of the Faithful's inclusive document "Information Resources on Synods, Synodality and the 2023 Synod"